Monday, October 25, 2010

Somethin to smile about

So, truth is, I have had a pretty rough week.

Reasons:
- I have to find a way to move on... And it stinks... Well, sort of. It stinks because it's hard to, even if it is for the best. :/

- I have a HUGE mound of math hw that I am pessimistically deciding I wont finish, and since the test is tomorrow, I am expecting another low grade due to my own unwillingness to do the work in an appropriate time frame. For some reason, I do not want to do any school work whatsoever this semester. I admit, I have never been one to crack open a book before a big test and study up, but I usually get along well enough. This semester... It just is not happening.

- Realized I have no idea where my life is going. I thought REALLY hard about where I wanted to be in 2 years of my life, and I couldn't think of a single thing... Guess I need to set some goals.

- I realized how irrational I have been thinking about relationships. Funny how that happens when your emotions are a little funky. I just keep telling myself to not get my hopes up, because that's how I've always done it, right? Right... :/

_________
But then I thought, if there are so many things to be sad about, there has to be something to smile about. And then I found it...









 Taylor Swift's new album!

Oh Taylor... Right a song about me next please... <3

But in all seriousness, It's something like... Learning how to play a simple song on guitar, like Somewhere Only We Know, and realizing I don't sound half bad. Then finding some comfort in singing the words that, while they may not apply to me at all in reality, I find a way to have them explain exactly how I feel. Then as I finish, I take a deep breath, and then I... :)

Farewell for now Friends

5 comments:

  1. Also, looking forward to Call of Duty Black Ops. That game cannot come any sooner. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. that whole math thing.. totally done it. I have just accepted defeat, and was just too lazy to study and accepted a bad grade. lol bad habit dude.

    Have you talked to Kat lately? hahahahahaha! such great convo you are going to have with her next. lol but before she tells you what she is going to tell you.. have her 3-way me. Okay i love you Kevbot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If u chance to see a frown ... Do not let it staaaaay! ! Tom smile little buddy! It could be a lot worse... U could have no brain at all to do math with OR no ears to hear Taylor or worse ... Eyes to see her! Love u bud!! Call me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trust me, when I was your age I had no idea where my life was going either. I'm pretty sure at that point I thought I was going to go into film-making. Don't fret if you don't have your life planned out right now, just focus on figuring out what you enjoy and where your strengths lie. Once you know what makes you happy and what you're good at, it's much easier to decide what you want to do with your life.
    So what if you're not a math whiz (most people aren't) just give it your best effort and hold your head high.

    The bottom line is this - it sucks to feel like you have no direction, but the fact that you feel worried about it shows that you're mature enough to care about your future. My lil' bro is growing up... :)

    Put your effort into living and not into avoiding life's choices, don't get too down on yourself, and before you know it...

    LEVEL UP!!
    Kevin earned the power of self respect!
    (P.S. I can't promise that this power will be in the form of a shiny samurai sword pulled, glowing from your chest but it will be worth it all the same)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha yesss jason!! Scott pilgrim quotes

    ReplyDelete