Monday, October 18, 2010

Then It Hits You

So, I worked at Silver Mesa pool this past summer. From my experience in the Summers of 2009 and 2008, I did not want to work anywhere else but Hartke Pool, especially not Silver GAYsa, the pool in which scrubbing the deck was a daily ritual and setting up chairs in the morning made you SWEAT. Ya, SWEAT!! Where as Hartke... I love that pool. Breeze of a day everyday. To this day, everytime I pass it, I always try to show it some love. 
HARTKE SHARKS! HAWR HAWR! 
Oh Hartke... My first true love... 
Mesa... My... Rebound???



But, after a season at Silver Mesa, I must say, at this moment, and at many other moments, I find the truth about Silver Mesa is...

I miss it.

I miss slide time.

I miss laughing to myself when I was behind Kat or Lori when I went into B2.... If you don't understand this... You are probably happy you don't... :P

I miss the flirts.

I miss the anti-flirts... One in particular that showed me NO LOVE. haha... So funny to think about now though.   XD

I miss falling in love with Kid Cudi's music this Summer partly to Preston Brown blowin it up in the guard shack all the time.

I miss big ol mammas  getting stuck on the slide and looking up at me, helpless, as if I could do something about it.*

I miss making new friends, who, while I know we will never be as close as we were that Summer, left me with memories I will cherish for a loooooong time. 



I miss watching as Johnathan, aka Johnoobathan, became the ultimate Mesabot as he did the amount of work I did all season x10.
Its only a matter of time until he gives into his true form...
Joking aside though... Johny boy, it's all love for ya my brotha. But for the record, I still got guard of the week too. ;)


So I guess the truth is... I miss a TON of things. Too many to list here. I'm sure I will remember something later today and be upset I forgot to mention it. 

BUT I. JUST. MISS IT!!!!




Farewell for now Friends. My feet are moving at the speed of sound, and I'm just tryin to keep up.

*For the record, I wasn't completely useless.  My reply was always "Lean back, you go faster!!!".

2 comments:

  1. B2!!!!! yes yes! i miss mesa too.. (Gods of hartke do not strike me down im not cheating on you).
    Kevin, it kills me inside that we will never have another day, with all the same people, with the same songs on the radio playing, the same lady that yelled at christina on stand, the same sweaty days ever again.. i might cry. It has only brought us closer together, but at this moment i want nothing more than to flash back to just one more day at Hartke, and one more day at Mesa.


    Do you think if i was dying, and i only have X amount of days left, would Aaron allow us to open the pool for one last hoorah... i might email him about this. (hypothetically thinking)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If he didn't, he would be a horrible, horrible person. I mean, I really hope you aren't dying Lori (lol), but if you were, and this happened, it would probably be one of the best days of my life. But also extremely sad, because you were dying. But other then that! haha

    ReplyDelete