Saturday, November 6, 2010

Liar Liar pants on fire

Its kinda odd how hilarious the concept of the lie is when we are younger. Its so fun in fact, one of the most recited phrases in our youth is "liar liar pants on fire". 

But, as you get older, you learn to hate lying. It hurts people. It crumbles people. It changes your view of people. 

At least for me, it has had me on the borders of hate. And I do not take that word lightly.

But despite all these valid reasons not to lie, for some reason, there are still those out there, even those close to us, who insist on lying. Because of the integrity of my family, I grew up not realizing that trust was ever a problem in life. But, it is...

AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY.

Ok... that's a lie...* Maybe I do...

I will admit I have lied before in an attempt to protect myself from the consequences. And at times I think, maybe it was better to never fess up. But can you imagine if you keep that secret to your grave, how unbearably humiliating it will be when you have to face that person you hurt when you meet in the afterlife? That is not something I want to deal with...

The only reason I can understand why otherwise good people lie so much, is that it is done to cover your own butt. And because it is at the expense of other people that you do this, it makes lying a selfish act. INCREDIBLY selfish. No one benefits from a lie except the person telling it. And often, that is short lived until the cat gets out of the bag. 

So please, if you have been untruthful with a loved one or someone you sincerely care about... Help them out by being upfront with them and do your best to clear things up.

Otherwise, you really don't care about them. You only care about yourself.

Farewell for now Friends.

*see definition: irony

No comments:

Post a Comment