Monday, November 8, 2010

A Poem

The Sun

I wish we still had the love we once did. But it was lost, for our love was forbid.

We reached for the Moon, as well as the stars. We pulled them in close, and made them ours.

But I wanted more, so I took desperate measures. I wanted the world's most precious of treasures.

I reached for the Sun, but it was too much... It turned on our love, and turned it to lust.

Now I stare at the sky, screaming curses too bold. It replies to tell me your hands are warm... Mine are so cold...

I should have been satisfied with the Moon and the stars. Now the only memories left are of the ones that left scars.

-Kevin Tom Wadsworth

Farewell for now Friends

(artwork was taken from a photographer/artist who posts his photos and art on devientart and flicker. I'm not sure exactly how the copyright stuff works, but all credit is given to him. http://dugonline.deviantart.com/  <--- Check out more of his stuff there. )

2 comments:

  1. wow kevin that was really great. You are a great writer! I AM IMPRESSED

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx Kaitlyn. :) Its kinda of an elementary school poem with the lame rhyming style but I thought it was good so I posted it haha.

    ReplyDelete